Where there is no imagination there is no horror. ~Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror.  ~Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.
from google images

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My spooky past



photo from google images

Gore, zombies, and headless creatures that go bump in the night are the things that keep us on the edge of our seats. The moments wear we find ourselves yelling at our favorite characters that something strange is behind them but of course they do not listen. 
At a young age I grew up watching reruns of shows like The Twilight Zone, the Adam’s Family, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It wasn’t until last year that I became more hooked on The Walking Dead. After hearing about The Walking Dead from my boyfriend and a few friends I decided to watch it. Instead of watching a few episodes I got hooked and watched all three seasons in two days. To fill the void of the six-month hiatus for The Walking Dead I started watching Sleepy Hollow.
With Halloween around the corner I have realized this is a huge month for a wide variety of terrifying shows. For my blog I want to discuss past and present horror shows including shows that I mentioned above along with a few more. Since The Walking Dead is premiering this month I want to show you sneak peaks to keep you up to date. For Sleepy Hollow I will provide you with reviews and interesting moments.
I revealed about my childhood but I would like to know more about yours. What were your favorite shows as a child? Have your tastes in horror shows changed over time?


sources used:
http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/the-walking-dead-de-taringa-Wallpaper.jpg

No comments: